Refine Your Search
- 12 Step Program
- Adult Residential
- Alcohol Rehab
- Christian Rehab
- Continuing Care
- Detox Program
- Drug Rehab
- Dual Diagnosis
- Eating Disorder
- Equine Therapy
- Medically Assisted Detox
- Opiate Drug Detox
- Outdoor Therapy
- Pain Management
- Psychiatric Residential
- Residential Boarding School
- Residential Inpatient
- Residential Relapse Recovery
- Sex Addiction Program
- Small Residential Programs
- Substance Abuse
- Support Living
- Teens & Adolescent Residential
- Transitional Independent Living Programs
- Wilderness Rehab
- Young Adult Residential
Out / Inpatient:
- Intensive Outpatient Program
- Long Term (>30 Days) Residential
- Partial Hospitalization (Day Treatment)
- Short Term (<30 Days) Residential
- Therapeutic Boarding School
Family Services / Amenities:
Treatment Centers in Alberta (AB)
“HEALTH UPWARDLY MOBILE (HUM) is a health and wellness company based in Calgary, Alberta. We are an integrated team of health professionals providing personal and corporate services specific to addiction, mental health and chronic pain. We offer outpatient continuing care in the form of: individual therapy, group therapy and an Intensive Outpatient Program (IOP). We do not provide residential treatment services.
“LifeSTAR Alberta is a 3-phase treatment program designed to help individuals, partners and couples adversely affected by pornography addiction and other sexually compulsive behaviours. Each phase builds on the previous one to create a comprehensive approach towards understanding, healing, recovery and a healthier lifestyle. The phases are specifically designed to uncover and heal patterns that create and sustain addictive behaviours.
“We believe that everyone deserves to get help when they need it! Walk-In Counselling is a unique program that offers single session, solution focused therapy by Registered Psychologists and Social Workers. There is a pay-what-you-can fee structure that offers receipts for insurance purposes. In a 90 minute session, people walk away with a plan to move forward!
“We are in the business of saving lives. We provide a safe, world-class, Women's only, addiction recovery program designed to treat the whole person by guiding women into health and wellness through the use of the 12 steps, self esteem, yoga, and meditation. 60 & 90 Day programs. Vancouver location.
Inpatient or Outpatient Treatment
INPATIENT TREATMENT: WHAT'S INVOLVED?
Residential Inpatient treatment in Alberta (AB) usually consists of 24 hour care at a live-in facility. Full treatment services, including medical and behavioral therapy are provided all at one location near Alberta (AB).
Medical supervision is generally placed over each resident. In drug treatment centers, clients can detox safely. In eating disorder centers in Alberta (AB), residential programs enable effective monitoring of the client's health during the treatment program.
Inpatient care offers a structured atmosphere and allows the client and providers to focus on physical and psychological healing.
OUTPATIENT TREATMENT: WHAT'S INVOLVED?
Outpatient treatment programs in Alberta (AB) or clinics provide flexibility to those who are unable to take time away from their regular lives, work or school. Programs typically meet at the clinic a couple of times every week for a few hours at a time.
Because clients are living away from the centers, outpatient facilities in Alberta (AB) are less able to focus on medical conditions and nutritional needs.
Certain programs provide a combination of the in/out approach: Inpatient for medical stabilization, partial hospitalization for moderate cases, intensive outpatient programs, and outpatient clinics for follow-up.
INPATIENT OR OUTPATIENT: WHAT'S RIGHT FOR ME?
* How much can you afford? Generally, Alberta (AB) outpatient treatment is cheaper than inpatient treatment because housing is not provided and fewer hours of treatment (and often fewer therapy alternatives) are offered.
* Are you able to control your behaviors? Inpatient treatment provides constant supervision to offset the temptation of drugs or eating disordered behavior in the early stages of treatment.
* Follow-up support network near Alberta (AB)? If you do decide to attend inpatient treatment, look for a center that can offer you or direct you to another service where you will be provided with follow-up care after you leave in an effort to avoid relapse.
* Is your condition severe? Constant medical attention is given to those in inpatient care, which may be especially important for those with pain and eating disorders.
How Treatment Centers Can Help
ALCOHOL AND DRUG REHAB
Treatment centers in Alberta (AB) help clients with substance abuse issues, drug abuse and pain treatment. Drug detox or alcohol detox is the first step on the road to recovery from drug addiction or alcohol addiction and a clean life. After detoxing, the rehabilitation process can begin.
EATING DISORDER TREATMENT
Eating Disorder treatment centers in Alberta (AB) help treat a range of problem eating and food issues such as childhood feeding disorders, food avoidance, obesity, Anorexia, Bulimia or compulsive overeating, binge eating, night eating and body image issues. They address the destructive behaviors and underlying emotional issues of disordered eating. Their programs can include family involvement and are designed to help patients in Alberta (AB) develop the skills they need to make lifelong change. Programs incorporate dietary counseling and nutritional education and may be supervised by a therapist, medical director, nurse and dietitian.